Monday, August 25, 2008

It Finally Happened

go figure, Lani likes to sleep like this

I heard other bloggers mention this experience but I've never had it happen to me.

Lani and I were shopping in a very crowded Trader Joe's, normally we don't take a cart but today I was buying water so I was maneuvering the cart and the dog around a tiny story. Lani was getting her usual ohhhs and ahhhs, (they love her there) a man came up and asked it his wife could pet Lani.

"Sure I said but let's go over here to get out of the way", his wife comes up to me and in a condescending voice says.............

"how much can you see dear?"

so torn between laughing and amazement, I kind of snorted and pointed out that Lani was a guide dog in training. There are two VI folks who do shop at TJ's with their dogs so I guess it is possible, but, but....some folks. It would have been funny expcet her whole condescending tone was kind of annoying.

No comments: