Monday, November 9, 2009

The Tail of Two Dogs

THE TAIL OF
TWO DOGS

So when Nisha was here two weeks ago Waffle needed a bath. Hence the Halti. At three Waffle certainly knows he preparation for a bath and proceeds to make herself scarce. Do you know how hard it is to give an unwilling dog a bath AND keep a willing dog out of the bath. The whole time I'm trying to pry waffles little toes off the bath tub railing, Nisha is trying to get around me to hop into the tub. This is a sample of the conversation.

ME: Waffle come!.......
silence
ME: WAFFLE COME! NOW!!
SILENCE.....then the pitter patter of paws
ME: Not you Nisha, get out, No in the tu....Nisha NO!
NISHA: water, WATER! Me! Me! pick me!
WAFFLE: la la la la can't hear you! blah, blah, Waffle, blah, blah....
NISHA: I love water, I can blow bubbles and every thing. Hey that is water, WATER! Me! Me! pick me!
ME: Hmmmmm (very loudly) Nisha would you like a CARROT!
NISHA: carrots? why would I want a carrot? the TUB that's water, WATER! Me! Me! pick me!
the galloping sound of paws on hard wood
WAFFLE: Carrots? you're giving MY carrots to the squirt!!!!
NISHA: Did I tell you how much I love baths! water, WATER! Me! Me! pick me!
Waffle boldly pushes her way into the bathroom
ME: SUCKER! PIT's don't get treats
the sound of the bathroom door clicking shut! cue the dramatic music
NISHA: water, WATER! Me! Me! pick me!
WAFFLE: D'oh!
ME: HA HA HA HA (EVIL LAUGH)

So now I've got two dogs locked in a small bathroom. one trying to jump into the tub while the other is desperately wishing she had thumbs so she could open the door and make a run for it.

Most certainly a Tail of Two Dogs

2 comments:

OSU 98 said...

Hilarious...I cracked up through this entire post. I am very blessed with a dog that walks right into the shower when you ask her to....

Infrequent Flyers said...

That's writing for a tv sitcom! Would Waffle like a bath better if Nisha were in there, too? Reminds me of the old commercial for Rub-a-Dub Dolly: "...cause two in the bathtub is more fun than one!"