Tuesday, June 16, 2009

slippery when wet




so on the new shampoo bottle that we bought, they recommend that you close doors well in advance of getting your pup wet and soapy, apparently when wet and soapy your dog is much smarter than you.


too true.


Mom was bathing Nisha alone today, and during the drying off process she got lose and when mom went to grab her she slipped and fell. Breaking her wrist in the process. You know its bad when the rad techs who never say anything say 'oh yeah it's broken'.



After a few phone calls (could not decide hospital ER or Urgent Care) we were off to the urgent care two blocks away. So we figured that they would do something..... like you know...... fix it. We were sadly mistaken, I guess they won't put a cast on it until the swelling goes down. She has a cheesy splint on and a referral to see an orthopedics person on wed.



I think if the pups had to write the moral to this story it would be something like 'a dirty dog is better than a trip to urgent care'

5 comments:

Infrequent Flyers said...

YIKES! So sorry about your fall and your broken wrist. What a pain, literally.

Denise said...

hope mom get better soon.

That is one of the reasons I go to a self wash dog wash and luckly the one near me only charfes $6.00 for service dogs and puppies in training

Emily and the Labradors said...

Oh my! That is awful! Hope she is on the mend soon and that the pain isn't too bad. Naughty, dirty, dog.

Hobbes Dogs said...

At least she has a good story to tell about how she broke it. I've worked in a kennel for almost five years - many chances to injure myself - yet my broken wrist came from slipping on the driveway on the way home from work.

I was also surprised that they wouldn't put a cast on at first, but I guess it's pretty common as I also had to wait a few days for the swelling to go down.

Madison said...

Oh no! I hope you get better quickly!