Tuesday, June 2, 2009

contrary to Waffle's opinion

Are you sure she is guide dog material?

So I called the GDB today wanted to get more info on Lani-lu, and they still love her. I guess she got to hang out in breeding as they were looking for a family for her. And as luck would have it, one of the staff there, Carol decided her family had room for one small lab. Contrary to Waffle's opinion, Lani is one lovable dog. She still goes to GDB and 'works' in the office, she has a doggy friend named 'Putt' and they get to run around and play on break times. The report on her is that she did well in the kennels and when they moved her over to the breeding office she walked into the office like she belonged there. They did mentioned her habit of sneaking onto furniture and her sassy mouth. But hey a girl's gotta right to speak her mind. So Lani like a well rounded child has settled in well to her new home. Her mom Dale, is owned by a volunteer who comes in once a week and it is a nice thing for her to see one of her grandpups.


So anyone who happens to be up a San Rafael, drop by breeding and snap a picture of my Lani lu and give her a hug for me.




4 comments:

Emily and the Labradors said...

That's fabulous news! Sounds like a great placement for her... now to just wait for some babies...

Erin said...

Awww sounds like shes a happy girl!! Maybe she and Midnight will have pups around the same time!!

Infrequent Flyers said...

That makes me want to go to GDB for a visit! If I do, I'll definitely stop in on little Lani. Hooray that she found a home!

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

Carol is awesome and I'm sure Lani is very happy with her. I don't have any immediate plans to go to GDB, but if I do, I'll most definitely go and see her. :)