Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Web

So there is a lot of weird stuff out on the web, I've been lazy and put way too much of my personal info on the web. How do I know this? Someone on Facebook (yes I see the irony) posted about this site. Spokeo.com, it is a 3rd party site that pulls together your personal info from public records: real estate data bases, facebook, myspce ect.. I looked up my family and we were there, even my mom who is not on the web. Not sure where they got her stuff from. You can get go private by clicking onthe bottom right privacy button, you fill out a form but need to give them an email address. Snopes gave a pretty good round up about this. It is scary. I am going back to facebook and blogger to remove and make private as much of my info as I can.

snopes.com: Spokeo

Posted using ShareThis

1 comment:

Lisa and pups said...

thanks for sharing - that's rather creepy.