Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Waffles are for playing with not chewing on ....


I was brushing the pups when I came across this on the Waffler. I've been finding small thin scabs around her neck, all from the baby biting and pulling on her. I always assumed when I heard a squeal it was the baby, but maybe now it was my girl. This wound was different, kind of a round abrasion, don't think it is a puncture, so I trimmed the fur around it washed it and put a bit of neosporan on it. We let the girls do some limited rough housing and spats happen - usually over toys - with the baby starting the majority of them.


here is the victim after 1st aid. Waffle is not a big cuddler- she will but only on her terms, but She must have felt the need for a little lovin' she is still sleeping in the same position with my lap top resting on top of her.

So new house rules no more wrestling at all. I've noticed the baby displays a high prey drive, so I think it is about time to cut out all play like that. Her favorite move is to stalk Waffle, except she is not that good, but she likes to get down in the crouch and leap up in the air (notice I said up not forward - remember large motor skills). As a baby this behavior was tolerable - we hoped that Waffle would stand up and put her in her place, but instead she just kind of stands there and lets the baby chew on her. We used to think she was just being tolerant, now maybe we will need to re-think this.

2 comments:

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Poor little Waffles :(

Lisa and pups said...

aw Waffles, Ellie feels your pain. It'll get better!