Thursday, April 30, 2009

Another One Bites The Dust!

Lani, Melody, Tacoma - April 2008

The three amigos! and you guessed it I'm in Phase 3!

It's phase day and another one down. Hard to believe that if we are lucky there are 25 or so more weeks to go. The waiting this time around is actually a little easier, or could it be I'm actually getting used to the phase game? Today is the day that UC Berkley sent out their admission emails, three days after UCLA so my students have all been waiting by their computers and cell phones. There were a few cheers as well as tears today. Imagine that every Thursday and you can understand what the waiting game is like.

I used go crazy waiting for the report to come out and it was agony, I would compare her progress to others in her co-hort. If someone moved up and she didn't -days of worry. I guess with the 1st two I was pretty sure they weren't going to make it. I was pleased Tacoma didn't embarrass me by flunking out in phase 1, and Waffle well I knew she never had the heart for guiding, I figured it was only a matter of time with her freaky fears. But what sucked was that she just kept moving up! Don't get me wrong I was glad but it gave me hope - well maybe they worked out her fears, maybe she decided she likes to work, maybe she matured while she was up there. So when she crashed and burned in phase 9, for fear reaction- all of us slapped our heads and said 'duh' we could have told you that. But it was really hard because she had been there so long we actually thought she was going to make it. The Waiting Game

We do have some news about Lani-Bonnie but I'm waiting - just to be sure.

2 comments:

Infrequent Flyers said...

Yay! Phase 3!! That's exciting. I can only imagine how I'm going to be feeling when/if we get that far!

Cassie & The Dogs said...

We are right there with you in the waiting game! Accord hit phase 3 this week as well. Keep up the good work guys!