Thursday, April 9, 2009

Phase Day


Nothing new, still in phase 1 and on breeder watch
  • Pre-training physical exam
  • Neutering/spaying (with the exception of potential breeding stock dogs who are under evaluation at this time)
  • X-rays
  • Eye checks
  • Relaxing walks on campus and play sessions
  • Introduction to the kennel environment and schedule
  • General daily care and grooming
We've decided to take a short break from puppy raising - how short is still in discussion - but sadly no puppy at camp this summer. The past three summers I have had a guide dog at camp and the staff and kids have really loved it. So it will be sad not to have anyone up there.

BUT.... If anyone want to send their pup to summer camp for a weekend drop me a line. We have a two lakes a pool, horses, arts and crafts and a bizillion kids. Good work on commands, distractions and large group socialization. Will receive lots of cuddles and I promise that we will write home. :)

AND.... we are thinking of changing schools, GDA is uber close and have a great support system, two issues I have had with GDB hard to say like most folks I love the school I started with, but variety is the spice of life.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Lani is probably having the most "down time" she will have during her whole training. I bet she is loving it!

I have heard that GDA is a great school to raise for! It will be fun to hear about what you like and dislike about the differences.

Erin said...

Good luck to miss Lani!

Hope you'll be back raising soon!! :D