Friday, April 17, 2009

Terms of Enderment

Pumpkin, Sweet Pea, Poopy Head all terms of enderment for our little fuzz balls. Here are what a few blogger buddies call their bug-a-boos
Brittany's two career change pups:
Hobbs - Hobbers, Hobberdoodle, Goose, Silly Goose, Hobber Goose...I think thats it.
Patriot - Bubba, Patriot Buddy....funny enough he usually just gets called Patriot!
Poppy gets called Poopy lots. Partly because she is...um...spunky and partly because I try so hard not to call her Puppy, it often comes out Poopy.

Mine seem to get nicknames and elongated names. Like Rebel! Accord became both Cordo and Accordian. Poppy also gets called Pops-a-lot. Bueller was both B and Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...(said in my best Ferris Bueller's school teacher's voice). Bingo was Bing-a-ling and B-I-N-G-O. The list goes on and on...

My nickname for Cabana doesn't make much sense...it's a silly little story. But one of our friends mistakenly called her Cubana--and it kind of stuck. So now, we like to say in a rather goofy singsong manner, "Cubana Cubana Cubana, HEY!!" I know, it doesn't make sense, and we're just weird.

My first dogs name was Shocker and her nick names were: Shocks, Shockeroo, Shocker-rooroo, Shocker roo boo, and piglet(she at so fast). My new dog Watkins has: Watty, Turkey, Wats, bub, bubby

Catalina is Cat and Kitty (Jacob 2yrs name for her)
Oceana is Osh and Oshi
Kamra was always smile for the Kamra

Tahoe Taco Bell

Alas my last two pups made the choice to be pets rather than guides, so it has been a shocker to see their names re-enter the guide dog name list. I believe there is even another Tacoma in the pipeline. My litte Taco Bell never made it past ph.4 so no breeder, no graduation, but lots of hugs and kisses from my little problem child.

We all hope they will one day have the title of Guide Dog after their name, that dream is bitter sweet because it will forever take them down a new road away from us and on to fullfill their destiny. I haven't experienced that day, but there is hope (Lani - study hard) I'll be thrilled to hand my Lani-Lu over to someone else who will come up with their own terms of enderment for my little girl.
(but hey - she will always be my pumpkin head)

1 comment:

Madison said...

Nice names! My nicknames for Andros sometimes make NO sense!