Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bet you don't have

A PINK ONE

Truffie about 4 or 5 months old, just after I caught her eating the Cherry sented Mr. Sketchy, her lips and chin are pink
Truffie on the floor of my office getting the marker wiped off her face, her paws are stained pink/red making her look like a serial killer

Puppy on the floor with pink paws

The culprit A Cherry Scented Mr. Sketchy

a close up of a pink paw, it has even colored her toe nails

It was all over her face, feet, chest, flanks and even her butt, I had left her alone while I went next door to my friends office. Truffie has always been pretty good about napping in the office and staying put - at least at that age. Some how she found the marker, which smells good but tastes a lot like vinegar. Someone thought it would be a good idea to give it a little nibble and before you knew it I have a pink Labrador. After some frantic calls to the poison control center and GDB, we all had a good laugh and of course took pictures! What PIT's life is not documented within an inch of it's life. We were all thankful that the marker was non toxic and she came through it fine.

I am holding Truf's mouth open, and you can see how bright pink her entire mouth is. Only her bitty baby teeth are white - tongue, cheeks, roof of her mouth all pink
And had dyed her entire mouth a bright pink
the culprit sitting there posing with this very 'so what' look on her face.  Very naughy but so stinking cute we couldn't help but love her.       

6 comments:

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

I was wondering when I saw that picture!
She looks "sorry"...

Megan and Orleans said...

Oh my, did you tell her it doesn't actually taste like Cherry? You're just supposed to sniff them, silly Truffle. . .

Rebecca, Ely and Joe said...

She is a little late for valentine’s day! I have to admit those are some of the best smelling markers, I would not blame her. I teach 1st grade at church and we have those markers. When the kids leave they all have a colorful mustache from smelling all the markers. Hopefully she will change back to her normal pretty yellow soon! She does look very good in pink!

Denise said...

What a silly thing to do Truffle

Fern wants to know if it was good I caught her with a black Sharpie last week before she chomped down.

OSU 98 said...

Oh Truffle...a good reminder to NEVER leave new squishy yellow puppy alone...

Carrie and Waffle said...

Fern
markers are for writing not chewing. also sharpies give you all the color with none of the yummy smell. if your going to eat something eat something yummy. like cat poop - my favorite