Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rock and Roll LA


So we had an exciting morning. Nothing like a 4.4 earthquake to start your day. Growing up in LA you kind of get used to these things. We like to think nothing short of a 5.0 will get us out of bed. I actually heard the quake before I felt it and now since your not supposed to go to the door way, you're just kind of stuck in bed hoping that the shaking will slow down instead of speed up. We live kind of close the epi-center so while it wasn't a 5.0 it certainly did get me out of bed. I was trying to figure out how to get the pup under cover - should I pull her out of the kennel or leave her there? by the time I finished the thought the quake was over.
Truffle slept through it, she got up because I got up, and I think it woke Waffle up who I heard moving around right after it stopped shaking. So tonight I pulled out the earthquake kit to see what we needed, not too bad, we needed to update some food and refresh the batteries but overall I think we'd be ok. The puppers too have their own little pack, with some treats, a toy, a spare leash and some canned food. I figured if they were stressed canned food would go down easier. I read on the web that I should add a picture of the pups in case I need to make missing flyers - sad but true.
let's hope we never need to use it.
Are you ready for the next natural disaster?

2 comments:

Infrequent Flyers said...

No! I'm not ready for an earthquake at all! Thanks for your reminder and especially to have a kit ready for Cabana. It's only a matter of time until the next one!

OSU 98 said...

I DO NOT miss earthquakes at all...my last big one was Landers/Big Bear in the 90's. I was a freshman in college when the Northridge one happened. We have super teeny tiny ones here in Ohio..in fact the other day, I could have sworn we had one. I always know because the candle holder on the coffee table rattles (it is full of rocks). I HATE earthquakes...I used to sleep with my grandma for a week after.