Monday, September 27, 2010

What the peeps do without me

by Truffie
So one day my Aunty came over and the peeps loaded up the car and off they went WITHOUT ME! how wrong was that. I spent my day sleeping, chewing on Waffle and gardening. Years later they came back and showed me the pictures of what they did without me! (actually after I saw the pics I was glad they didn't take me, too hot, too dusty, and who cares about rocks anyway)

So here is mom at the Pala Gem mine. That large pile of rocks came from the Pala Queen mine, they PAID to be able to sort through those rocks. I could have found them rocks inthe garden for free. Silly people

every person got a a bucket and some screens and lots of sunshine


California Poppies


BFF lugged buckets of rocks to mom who used two different screens to sort the rocks by size and they you wash them (wash rocks?) to see if there are any pretty ones in there.



A turtle




Taking a lunch break


looking for gems




do you see any? I don't



Just lots of dirt


Silly people.

1 comment:

Infrequent Flyers said...

Your mom is so cute. Too bad about not finding any big diamonds. I guess you win some and lose some. Hope Truff and Waff were good on their own!!