Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's Official!


It's official! Lani has been selected to be a breeder!

Didn't want to say anything because life changes all the time. But we are happy and sad. I really do want one of my dogs to graduate, but I am pleased that GDB thinks she is a perfect dog - which we all know she is ;) . But what is she doesn't want to be a Mommy?
Kind of sad, she won't be in season until sometime around September, so mom wants her back home until then. But we are just a bit out of the 50 mile range to be breeder keepers. Any blogger friends live with in the limit and want to be a keeper? Lani's a love, she was a really cute, rolly polly puppy, and she has very good house manners! I'd love to be able to keep up with her future endeavors

Congratulations my Lani-Lu hope you like being a mommy

12 comments:

Emily said...

YAY Lani!!! Congrats on her being a breeder!! Can't wait to see some Lani babies :)

Infrequent Flyers said...

That's so exciting! But I do understand your misgivings about whether she wants to be a mama. I guess it will be hard in some ways but easier than being a working guide in other ways. In a lot of ways, I hope Cabana will get picked to be a breeder, but I totally get your ambivalent feelings.

Brittany said...

Congratulations Lani! It will be so fun to see Lani babies in the future! Are you planning to raise one?

pafuso said...

Yeah, Lanilu! They picked even though she doesn't have perfect toes like the Waffler? I bet mom is very excited!

Sarah and the Pack. said...

Congrats! Sorry I am also a little (well, more than a little) outside the 50 mile range for being a breeder keeper. But, now you will have a chance to raise Lani babies! Maybe one of her pups will be the one to go on to be a working guide.

Megan and Orleans said...

I was so excited when I saw her doing breeder evals on the phase report. Congrats to you and Lani. How fun to have little Lanis running around.

MK said...

Aw, congrats to both you and Lani! I understand your hesitancy... I think the mama breeders get it a little rougher than the males! But I'm sure GDB will do a great job when it's time for her to welcome those little pups. I hope you can raise one!

Emily and the Labradors said...

That is great news! And it was pretty fast too! Angel was on breeder evals forever and then still got cc'd! You might have to rethink switching schools now ;) I am sure she will get a wonderful family to love her too (although I completely understand your mixed feelings).

Madison said...

YAY! Go Lani...Can't wait to see Lani puppers!

Erin said...

Aah Congrats! I completely understand your feelings, Its hard to see all that hard work, not being put to use as a guide. :((

Infrequent Flyers said...

Carrie, you gotta read my post for today. It's about Lani!!

http://oursforayear.blogspot.com/2009/05/newsworthy-walk.html

OSU 98 said...

Congratulations! Of course, I am biased to the black ones...but Lani is just about the cutest darn thing I have ever seen!! And kudos to you...her genes are only as good as the home she grew up in.

Oh, yeah, sorry, Waffle, you are just about the cutest thing I have ever seen too.